Wow, two weeks in, and I think it might be working. I’ve been working on the author platform, adding Google+ to the mix, although not all are up and informative yet. I did post on my http://www.lapidaryprose.wordpress.com blog on Friday, so I met that weekly goal. I have spent several days consistently working at least two hours a day; today I wrote the book proposal that has to be submitted at the end of the week.
Planning the new essays has been slow going. I went off into interesting research, but found two topics that are too involved for the short-term results I need, and one that doesn’t have enough information to make it worthwhile. I pushed through the frustration, though, and have found one new topic as well as the one that will turn into the book proposal. I’ve also gathered the research I need to do for the four “old” essays, and have decided that the first one up is the one with the least holes. Hey, I’m driven, but I’m not crazy!
For fun, I’ve been playing with ideas for the creative writing. That goal is what keeps me going through the stuff I have to write now; I have to drag myself away from swimming in it too much, but I do allow myself to outline the musings about plot/character/setting while folding laundry or other tasks that don’t engage my brain. I cannot believe the progress I’ve made. My only problem is keeping my mouth shut about it!