The following were my original goals for the Round.
1. Work an hour a week setting up the “author platform” of Twitter, Facebook, new blog, Goodreads. Check. More work is needed, especially on Facebook, which refused to let me have a pen name at first, and Goodreads, which is a cool site, but for some reason has fallen to the bottom of the list for me, so it is skeletal at best.
2. Post at least 250 words at least once a week (not including ROW 80 check-in posts). Check. As any of you who know me will be aware, I am not a word count person, but I did work it out for this goals. I posted 9,154 words, not counting RoW80 check in posts, which add 7,076 words. Yay me!
3. Spend at least two hours a day on writing, research, outlining; no external distractions. Check, mostly. I actually managed to do this at least 90% of the time. I did miss a day here and there, but not very often.
4. Plan/outline 2 new essays. Check. In fact, I outlined 4 and ended up with 2 going to the draft stage.
5. Revise 4 essays already written. Changed midstream to 2 essays. Not a fail, although 40% is a failing grade, and close only counts in horseshoes. I am more than halfway through 1 essay. I hope that since the same sort of issues occur in each, what I am learning in the first one will help the second one go faster.
I also achieved one goal that I had not put on the list: I chose a pen name, and am so comfortable with it, I have to think twice to answer to my real name. It is the middle names and maiden name of my real name—so does that make me less crazy?
So, I am pretty dang proud of myself. Even with baby sea-turtle steps, I am way farther down that beach than I was 80 days ago, and more importantly much farther than I would have been without this fantastically supportive group of people. Thanks to all of you, I will be back for Round 4, still bearing the standard with the strange device / Exclesior (apologies to Henry Wadsworth Longfellow).
Finally, please check on all our fantastic participants here, and come celebrate with us on October 4th.