With this post I announce my goals for the third round of A Round of Words in 80 Days, which is a writing challenge that “knows you have a life.” Click here to read more about it from the creator of the challenge, Kait Nolan. My goals for ROW80 reflect what I have learned in the 3rd and 4th rounds of 2011. Although I stumbled a bit during Round One 2012, during which I moved far too much stuff 1200 miles; and frittered and stammered through Round Two, which suffered from my adjustment to a new day job, I remain committed to this community of writers.
Although I declared myself a writer at the end of Round 4 in 2011, I didn’t quite walk the walk. This Round, I want to take baby steps in several arenas. I am going to return to the breakout of goals I did last year, which were writing, community, exercise, and family/friends. My new day job certainly impacts my time, but happily, it does not drag me down like the one I left. Thus, I’ve not included it or the writing involved with it in this list. This list is all personal goals.
- I will write one page a day on each of the two fiction works that have bubbled to the top. I may use 750 words for this, and throw in a page of blog posts or one of the other fiction ideas, but I’m not sure yet.
- I will continue to refine my main author blog, which may involve combining the Lapidary Prose blog with Elizabeth Anne Mitchell.
- As I’ve returned to being a sponsor, I will visit all my 8’s twice a week.
- I will catch up with Facebook, Twitter, and my other sites for no more than an hour daily.
- I will reply to all comments on my blogs.
- Walk at least 5,000 steps a day, tracked by a pedometer.
- Use the stairs going upstairs; if I want to, I can cheat going downstairs.
- I have let many dear friends fall off my radar these past few months. I will stay in contact with the group daily, if only briefly, and weekly individually.
- I will stay in better touch with my daughters on Facebook or by phone. My sons are back home, so my only trouble connecting with them is that they have vampire schedules.