Over the past several months, I have been struggling with my “author platform.” I thought at first that I would stop having multiple blogs, and posted my ROW80 check-ins on my main blog. I decided last week to return to my separate ROW80 blog. I will move my check-ins back to this one over the next few weeks.
I have a funny youtube video at the bottom of this post. Even if you skim my checkin, check out the video.
And please go encourage the rest of the ROWers. The ranks are thinning, so those left can use your encouragement. The linky is here.
- Spend at least four hours a week on an article, in whatever configuration works for me. Life threw me several curve balls in the last two weeks, some good, some not so good. The good: my new boss at the day job met with me and suggested that I concentrate on articles that I could more easily crank out. She diminished the sting of that by offering to work together on the next two articles. A week later, another colleague suggested another article that is in my expertise and interests, which is exciting.
- As a sponsor, I will visit blogs twice a week. I have to catch up with Wednesday and today’s but back on track then.
- I will reply to all comments on my blogs. Catching up still.
- I will spend no more than 5 hours a week on social media. This week was a little bit over, due to ongoing chat from last weekend’s WANACon.
- I will walk for twenty minutes an evening. Waiting to get an orthotic fitted for my right foot. I saw a specialist, who diagnosed arthritis in my foot. Here’s hoping the orthotic helps!
- I will continue to use the stairs. Done.
- I will look into the gym at work. See above; I need to get fitted before pursuing exercise.
- I will set aside a half-hour every evening to read. Done. I haven’t finished anything yet, as I am reading the slew of samples I have downloaded from Amazon. So far, nothing has grabbed me enough to buy the book.
- I will spend at least one hour a week contacting a friend by whatever means work best. I’m meeting Shan Burton and her kids this afternoon. We’ve been planning to get together for a while, but it finally worked out.
- I will have a “date night” with my husband at least twice a month. Done.
- I will spend at least one hour a week with at least one of my kids. Done.