The following are my goals for the second Round of a Round of Words in 80 Days in 2013. What is A Round of Words, or ROW80, as participants like to call it? It is a writing challenge that “knows you have a life.” Click here to read more about it from the creator of the challenge, Kait Nolan.
EDIT: Kait posted a challenge for this Round in the call for goals. It is to be the best me possible, without comparing myself to anyone else. Kait’s challenge leads to the same end as my goals, even though Kait’s post didn’t come out for several hours after I had posted. It’s nice how life hands one these coincidences, isn’t it?
This Round, I am concentrating on self-care: of the person; the writer; the body; the spirit.
An added mantra for the Round is minimize the unimportant in order to maximize the important. To that end, I am ridding myself of clutter, whether paper or electronic; concentrating on healthy habits of body and mind; and connecting rather than hibernating.
Writing: One hour three times a week writing in the following order:
- the academic article du jour
- Morning Pages
- Blog posts
- As a sponsor, I will visit my assigned blogs twice a week.
- I will reply to all comments on my blogs within 2 days.
- One non-blog related post per week on Facebook and Twitter. (Stolen, with extreme gratitude, from Raelyn Barclay)
- One share, re-tweet, whatnot per week on Facebook and Twitter. (Stolen, as above)
- One hour three times a week at home going through paper detritus of modern life.
- One hour three times a week going through electronic files–rename, delete, archive.
- Walk. Seriously. 30 minutes a day.
- Follow-up on all the health issues. Don’t want to? Sorry for ya. At least one issue per week
- Family day, no working and time with family, one day per week. (Stolen from Julie Glover via Raelyn Barclay)
- Update Goodreads at least every other week. (Yes, stolen again from Raelyn Barclay).
- List and report on what I’m reading, even the dry, academic stuff. (This idea is stolen from Lena Corazon, who shares her dissertation reading)
Please go check our some of the participants in this challenge here.