I have been in a fog for more than a month, and I cannot seem to find my way out of it. I am taking baby steps, but cannot seem to get everything done that I would like to do.
I am moving forward personally, but not managing to write or reply to comments. I feel that I am losing my community by not pulling my weight, which distresses me mightily. One post that helped me today was:
I saw a very good “what not to do” post about negativity here. I think there are many points to ponder and write about in this list. Thank you to Karen McFarland for pointing me to that link. Luckily, I don’t do all of these things. I do have clear directions for other behaviors to root out of my brain, though.
- Meditate for no less than ten minutes a day. Yes. It has been a sanity saver for me.
- Find gratitude for at least one thing every day. Again, something that I need to do, and I have been successful.
- Return to the daily habit of at least 250 words a day. Not yet.
- Never sit when I can stand, never stand when I can pace. Stand for at least 5 minutes every hour; pace for at least 5 minutes every hour; walk for 5 minutes every 2 hours. Yes, with the added benefit that I dropped ten pounds since October.
- Contact every extended family member on their birthday. Blush. I’m behind on a paper card to my 5 year old granddaughter. It’s so much easier with people on FB. Sigh.
- Reply to comments on blogs within two days. Nope. My apologies to everyone.
I’m still fighting the after-effects of surgery, and clawing my way back to normal. I’m down, but not out!
A crucial part of ROW80 is the community support. Please go check out some of the other participants here.