It has been a long time since I checked in. Although I managed to stir myself into replying to my sponsor post, and even wrote a post for August McLaughlin’s Beauty of A Woman BlogFest, I have been hibernating. However, I’ve come to realize that I need to get back into this community. I have crawled out of my cave, though it is still winter in my part of the country, and the sun only a promise. My thoughts have been rife with doubt and uncertainty, which I find paralyzing. I retreated to the safe shores of academia, and gave up creativity. Surfeited with facts, my muse rebelled–so here I am, jumping back into the fray.
For now, I will continue with my original goals. I will change them if they are not working for me the next week or so. I have a lot of work to do, as I have only succeeded in following numbers 4 and 5. with occasional bursts of gratitude.
- Meditate for no less than ten minutes a day.
- Find gratitude for at least one thing every day. Occasionally.
- Return to the daily habit of at least 250 words a day.
- Never sit when I can stand, never stand when I can pace. Stand for at least 5 minutes every hour; pace for at least 5 minutes every hour; walk for 5 minutes every 2 hours. Yes.
- Contact every extended family member on their birthday. Yes.
- Reply to comments on blogs within two days.
I’m glad to be back. I’ve missed all of you, as the community is such a crucial part of ROW80. Please go check out some of the other participants here.